Not ordinary fuel, BP Ultimate is a range of advanced performance fuels, the superior choice to help you get more out of your vehicle
BP Ultimate is specially designed to deliver a combination of enhanced engine performance, reduced exhaust emissions and better fuel economy. A fuel which is formulated to burn better than ordinary fuels and clean your engine as you drive. And available in unleaded, diesel and high-performance 102 unleaded, depending upon your location.
Here at BP we believe our customers deserve more. And less. You can get more power, sharper acceleration and better fuel economy from a fuel which is less harmful to the environment than ordinary fuels.
- More performance, less pollution™
- Cleaner starts
- Smoother acceleration
- Less hesitation
Research shows that cars with fewer deposits run better. They get better mileage and better fuel economy and they accelerate quicker with more power and less hesitation.
In new cars, Amoco Ultimate from BP keeps deposits from forming and maintains peak performance.
In older cars, with continuous use, Amoco Ultimate cuts away deposits, restores performance and improves drivability. Because cleaner is better, cleaner engines mean More performance, less pollution™.
The use of fuels with minimum detergency can result in the formation of engine deposits which reduces the combustion efficiency and performance of your engine. Amoco Ultimate delivers an enhanced level of engine cleaning performance. It not only keeps a new engine virtually “like-new” it also has the ability to remove engine deposits caused by the use of fuels with minimum detergency.
Amoco Ultimate has more than the minimum detergency required by law and fleet tests show that it can remove 50% of existing intake system deposits after 10,000 miles. This means, dirty engines become cleaner over a period of time.
The image shows two intake valves. The upper valve was taken from an engine after regular use of Amoco Ultimate and as you can see, the valves are virtually as clean as new. In contrast, the lower valve is coated in black, carbonaceous deposits. This was taken from an engine which had been running regularly on ordinary fuel with minimum required detergency.The advanced cleaning power of Amoco Ultimate not only removes existing deposits to help achieve improved performance but also prevents 97% of performance-robbing deposits from forming in the engine. This means, in a car fuelled with Amoco Ultimate, if the engine is new, it should remain clean.
The chart shows the reduction in existing intake valve deposit weight – “clean up” – achieved by running on Amoco Ultimate versus ordinary unleaded. It also shows that Amoco Ultimate almost completely prevents the formation of deposits on new valves (“keep clean”).The improved cleaning power of Amoco Ultimate Unleaded can contribute to improvements in engine performance such as power output, acceleration, fuel economy, and reduced exhaust emissions.
To demonstrate the remarkable cleaning power of Amoco Ultimate we’ve cleverly re-engineered the fuel system of a standard Pontiac GTO so that half of its V8 engine can run on Amoco Ultimate and the other half on ordinary fuels. The car has driven for 10,000 miles on both fuels and by using a special camera called a borescope, we can explore the inside of each half of the engine. As you can see, the engine run on Amoco Ultimate is clean while the side run on ordinary fuels with minimum detergency has black sooty deposits.
|Getting more mileage out of your tank makes sense not only for your pocket; it also puts less strain on the earth’s natural oil reserves.Follow our FuelStretch 10-step program and it could help save you fuel.|
|1. Drive smoothly – Aggressive driving can use as much as a third more fuel than safe driving*. Avoid accelerating or braking too hard and try to keep your steering as smooth as possible.2. Use higher gears – The higher gear you drive in the lower your engine speed is, which can improve fuel efficiency. So change up a gear whenever you can, without stressing the engine.
3. Tune and service your engine – A well tuned engine can improve fuel economy by up to 4%**, so change your oil and follow your car manufacturer’s recommendation on servicing.
4. Keep your tires at the right pressure – Correctly inflated tires are safer and last longer. A tire that is under inflated by just 1psi can reduce fuel efficiency by as much as 3%**. An under or over inflated tire is also more susceptible to failing.
5. Avoid carrying excess weight – For every extra 100 lbs (45 kg) you carry your fuel efficiency can drop by 1-2%*. So keep your trunk or back seat clear of unnecessary items that just add weight to your vehicle.
6. Keep the windows closed – Wind blowing through an open window will slow you down. To compensate, you may put your foot down harder, using more fuel.
7. Take the roof rack off – If you’re not using your roof rack then remove it. They affect the aerodynamic efficiency of your vehicle and create drag, reducing fuel economy by as much as 5%*.
8. Use the correct oil – Always use the recommended grade of motor oil. Using the manufacturer’s recommended lubricant can improve fuel efficiency by 1-2%**. Higher quality motor oils can also help your engine operate more efficiently.
9. Use cruise control – Using cruise control on major roads helps you maintain a constant speed and, in many cases, will improve fuel consumption.
10. Avoid excess idling – Idling gets you nowhere but still burns fuel. Turn the engine off when you’re in a line, or waiting for someone, until you need it.
|*Estimates for fuel savings from sensible driving are based on studies and literature reviews performed by Energy and Environmental Analysis, Inc., Washington, DC.**Estimates for fuel savings from vehicle maintenance, keeping tires properly inflated, and using the recommended grade of motor oil are based on studies and literature reviews performed by Energy and Environmental Analysis, Inc., Washington, DC. Assumes fuel price of $3.07 per gallon.
Prices are subject to change without notice.